Navigator, Canada’s leading high-stakes public strategy and communications firm, is growing, and we are looking for an Associate Consultant for our Edmonton office. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal, we advise Canada’s largest companies on mandates ranging from government relations, crisis response and issue management, public persuasion and activation campaigns, and capital markets advisory services.
The successful candidate will contribute to interdisciplinary teams of public affairs professionals in providing wide-ranging strategy and communications advice to clients in the private, public and non-profit sectors. Advisory services include crisis communications planning and response, public affairs campaigns, reputation management and recovery, issues management and media relations, and government relations.
This role is hybrid with a mix of working in the office and from home.
All candidates must be willing to live and work in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Based on direction from colleagues, contribute to drafting Navigator client deliverables including, but not limited to: communications plans and associated communications products, advocacy plans, government relations support, research plans and proposals;
- Support project teams through media and issues monitoring, briefing notes and other needs as required;
- Deliver work on time even amidst competing and evolving priorities;
- Exhibit a professional demeanour; and
- Understand, embody and promote the firm’s culture and way of doing business.
- University degree or comparable experience;
- Familiarity with public affairs, government, media or adjacent fields;
- Understanding of strategic communications and government relations;
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Effective time management skills and the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Able to work well in a team environment.